Zmodo sells cables in lengths of 25ft, 50ft, 60ft, 99ft, 130ft, and 165ft. These cables range in thickness between 22AWG - 30AWG. The lower the AWG rating is, the thicker the cable is. Thicker cable will better protect the signal transmission from interference.
- Default Admin Passwords for Zmodo DVR Units
- What DVR Do I Have?
- How Do I Hook Up a Zmodo DVR ? ...
- Interactive Network Tutorial
- Where Can I Find the Software for My DVR? ...
- "IP Access" Setting- Unable to login through Internet Explorer ...
- Date and time sync for wireless IP cameras
- How to Backup a Video Clip from a DVR ...
- How do you install the Zmodo Smart Doorbell - ...
- Wireless camera setup using ZINK with Android
- Wireless camera setup using ZINK with iPhone (iOS)
- I have no image in Zsight!
If your application requires that any number of cameras be more than 165 feet away from the DVR, you will need to power the camera locally, but have an option on which cable to use for the video signal. We do not recommend stringing two cables together to create one longer cable. (For example, coupling two 99ft cables together to create one 198ft cable) Coupling cables together in this way causes a massive loss of power and signal--which will deteriorate the image quality and cause damage to the camera over time.
One option for a long cable run would be to purchase a longer spool of RG59 cable, and install BNC Male to RCA RG59 adapters to each end of the RG59 cable. It is not recommended to run RG59 cable much longer than 250ft. Since RG-59 is used only for the video signal, you would need to power your camera directly with its own independent power adapter, as shown here:
Another option if your cameras need to be between 150ft - 1,000ft from your DVR location, is to use Video Baluns to run the video from your DVR. Video baluns can convert a video signal to a balanced signal, allowing the signal to transfer over Cat5 cable up to approximately 1,000ft. Power will still need to be plugged directly into the camera from a shorter distance.
It is recommended to hire a professionally licensed installed when installing cameras using video baluns of any kind, as insufficient power signal can result in damage to your cameras over time.
You cannot comment on this entry
- Default Admin Passwords for Zmodo DVR Units (676676 views)
- Remote Network Setup (654076 views)
- ActiveX Settings for Internet Explorer (407395 views)
- ZMODO Zviewer Android OS Mobile Application Instructions (315931 views)
- Local Network Setup (255298 views)
- ZMODO Zviewer iOS Mobile Application Instructions (237223 views)
- Setting WiFi connection with wireless IP Cameras (220431 views)
- What Kind of Hard Drive Will Work in a ... (218471 views)
- Reset Password to Factory Defaults for SBN4, SBN8, SBN6, ... (210523 views)
- DVR GUI and Software Guide (206427 views)