If your DVR is just rebooting over and over again, it may be experiencing the HDD overwrite error. This sometimes occurs the first time your HDD fills up with recorded footage, and the DVR is uncertain how to initially store the overwriting files.
- Default Admin Passwords for Zmodo DVR Units
- What DVR Do I Have?
- How Do I Hook Up a Zmodo DVR ? ...
- Interactive Network Tutorial
- Where Can I Find the Software for My DVR? ...
- "IP Access" Setting- Unable to login through Internet Explorer ...
- Date and time sync for wireless IP cameras
- How to Backup a Video Clip from a DVR ...
- How do you install the Zmodo Smart Doorbell - ...
- Wireless camera setup using ZINK with Android
- Wireless camera setup using ZINK with iPhone (iOS)
- I have no image in Zsight!
To fix this, please complete the following;Tags: freeze, frozen, HDD, reboot, record, restart
-Disconnect all cameras by unplugging all BNC cables from the channel inputs on the back of the DVR.
-Reboot the DVR.
-When the DVR turns back on, you should now be able to get to the HDD Management Menu. (When the HDD fills up and the DVR is attempting to continue to record, this is when the DVR starts freezing, rebooting, etc. Removing the cameras makes the DVR stop recording, so disconnecting the cameras and rebooting the DVR should enable the end user to access all menus.)
-Reformat the HDD using the DVR's HDD Management Menu. This will erase all video files on the HDD.
-Re-connect the BNC video cables to the channel inputs on the back of the DVR.
Theoretically, this should fix everything until the HDD fills up again. The DVR should not act negatively every time the HDD fills up, so hopefully you should not need to do this every time their HDD fills up.
If your DVR continues to freeze or reboot after completing these steps, please contact Zmodo Technical Support
You cannot comment on this entry
- Default Admin Passwords for Zmodo DVR Units (728192 views)
- Remote Network Setup (693398 views)
- ActiveX Settings for Internet Explorer (441331 views)
- ZMODO Zviewer Android OS Mobile Application Instructions (340279 views)
- Local Network Setup (267454 views)
- ZMODO Zviewer iOS Mobile Application Instructions (251352 views)
- Setting WiFi connection with wireless IP Cameras (249323 views)
- What Kind of Hard Drive Will Work in a ... (229595 views)
- Reset Password to Factory Defaults for SBN4, SBN8, SBN6, ... (228741 views)
- DVR GUI and Software Guide (221498 views)
- Manual for CM-T1001BG and CM-T1002BG (2021-02-25 13:33)
- Common Troubleshooting with Fort Forwarding Stop Working (2020-11-03 16:44)
- Manual for ZP-NE14-S (2018-01-24 14:03)
- Wireless camera setup using ZINK with Android (2017-08-07 15:19)
- Smart Doorbell circuit diagram (2017-06-13 09:11)