How to Convert Recorded Video Files for Easy Viewing
Be sure you first backup your previously recorded video files to a USB Flash Drive by following the steps listed in the KB Article for your DVR. Just search for your DVR's SKU and "backup". For example: "SBN4 backup"
- Next plug the USB Flash Drive into your computer and transfer the video files from your Flash Drive to the desktop of your computer.
- The recorded video files then need to be converted to AVI files to be viewed on a media player that plays AVI files. We recommend "VLC media player".
- VLC media player is available via free download at: www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
To convert H.264 or LVF video files to AVI files select one of the following links for the "AVI Generator" conversion tool for your particular DVR:
- DVRs purchased before 2012 and have H.264 files should use this AVI Generator Link:
- DVRs purchased after January 2012 and have H.264 files should try using these AVI Generator Links in this order:
- The 9124, 9128, SFN6, and the SBN4/SBN8's purchased after December 1, 2012 need to use NetDVR and choose the "offline" mode once installed.
- Older Model DVRs which have LVF files need to use this link:
- After downloading and installing the Video Converter, simply select the file that needs to be converted first by clicking on the "open" button.
- Then click "save as" button to name your newly converted file and then select a location for your file to be saved.
- Last, Press Start. Your files will be converted to AVI files that you can view on VLC on any computer.
***ATTENTION: IF ONE AVI GENERATOR VERSION DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU, PLEASE TRY ANOTHER VERSION!!***